There are two great initiatives coming up, for two great charities, so we thought we'd combine them both, and add some cake!
- knitting (or crocheting) tiny hats for Innocent Smoothies, as part of The Big Knit campaign, raising money for Age UK
- being sponsored to knit (or crochet) items, or to sell knitted items, as part of The Big Knitathon, raising money for The Big Issue Foundation
Here's the plan: the Big Knitathon is taking place on Saturday 1st November, so I'm inviting you to bring your needles/hooks and join me to make as many teeny tiny hats as we can in a day (hats go to The Big Knit) and ask people to sponsor us for our knitting session (money goes to The Big Knitathon).
Not an expert? Don't worry! The hats are super easy to make, and there is a really good video you can follow before hand, to brush up on your technique :-)
I will provide cake!
The location will depend on how many people would like to join in, but will be somewhere on Kings Hill/West Malling, Kent. You can also join in remotely, if that's easier for you.
Here are the details:
- please email email@example.com or send a text to 07740 866976 to let me know you'd like to take part
- I'll send you a link to our Virgin Money Giving page, so we can easily collect sponsor money, as a group. I can add you as a team member if you send me your email address
- I'll confirm the location nearer the time (depending on numbers)
- I'll provide copies of the hat patterns (available from The Big Knit), and cake (and tea/coffee etc)
- please bring your own needles/hooks/wool
Can't join in? Knitting not your thing? You can still sponsor us, or donate some wool :-)